Monday 22 October 2007

le rugby

At one of last weeks social gatherings I met some of my first brits, and established that the Rugby world cup would be witnessed live en masse at a local bar/nighclub called Cadillac. As it was our anniversary, Lon and I went out to celebrate at the adjoining thai restaurant. We were surprised that the carpark was deserted still at 20.45 with a 21.00 kick off, but had a nice enough meal.

21.00 came and went, we went to Cadillac, and had issues - in both english and french
are our friends inside ? - yes
is there rugby on the television? - Rugby? Television?
South Africa, England - Rugby? - ah rug-by I check
and off he went never to be seen again.

We decided against paying entrance to the club, and went to a bar in town to watch the match.

Upon checking my emails it was apparent that I'd missed the mail kindly sent by Laurie, stating that it was Carwash and not Cadillac as per earlier mail.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you got to watch it!!! We in the 'civilised' world didnt en=ven get a sniff at it!!! Toes checked on line to see the results :(((((