Thursday 11 October 2007

Fillings at the Faisal

On Tuesday I went to the dentist.

On Saturday a piece of filling fell out. No pain, but none wanted so I got Lon to ask for recommendations at the embassy.

I went to the King Faisal Hospital, and saw the dentist there. http://www.kfh.rw/dentistry.html - despite my having visited our NL dentist before departure for a (I thought) thorough check up - the X rays revealed several more problems where I have decay under existing fillings, and will have to return for more treatment, this hasn't occurred since my last dentist visit in July, but is longer standing.

I'm p***d off with our dentist, he knew we were going to live overseas, fortunately we are living in the capital city with easy access to a dentist who is a fully equipped Philippino lady who speaks excellent English - but we could for all he knew be off to the bush. Grr!!

The hospital is pretty clean and orderly by any standards, so I'm in a way relieved to have gone there for a non-urgent visit - at least I have an idea of how things work there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much for 'civilised' dentists!!!!
Dental hospital looks good, may get my bridge replaced when we come!!!

Glad you have found someone that is thorough

Anonymous said...

I have to say this happened to me. I went to a dentist before travelling as needed a filling replaced, which he claimed wasn't necessary but did as I was getting pain, and also replaced two others. 2 years later I had the same pain return and went to another dentist and he found that the first tooth where the filling was replaced was completely rotten all the way through to the roots! I now have a huge crown! I asked if it would have been noticed 2 years before, he said it should definitely have been on an xray (which was done!). The first dentist was a private one on Baker Street in Marylebone and the second one was an NHS dentist in South Wimbledon/Merton!!! Goes to show that you can never tell what you are going to get. And here in Holland our dentist doesn't send us notifications for a check up, which I find very annoying!

So I am not surprised you found better service in a country that is supposed to be 'under-developed'. I think honesty is probably more prevalent, to give a good service to their clients so that they return!

(and my mum also had her eyes done in India when she was travelling there with my brother - a pair of real glass bi-focals for 11 quid!! - cost about 200+ in London!)

Anyway, that's my rant for the day!!
M xx

Anonymous said...

Mooie website.
Dat ziet er goed uit. Gelukkig.
Ja, je moet er niet aan denken dat je kiespijn hebt in de "bush".
Jullie zullen wel goed verzekerd zijn, denk ik? Dan is het inderdaad maar goed dat je er op tijd bij bent.
Veel succes verder, we zijn benieuwd waar je nu weer tegenaan loopt. Want er steeds weer wat nieuws........