Thursday 30 October 2008

Watamu - Marijani

This is our hotel / resort the Marijani.

We were the only guests - I don't know if this was a good or a bad thing. They still forgot to clean our room. Twice.

But at 20 euro a night we were comfortable (when the electricity was on - and thus the fan otherwise sweaty) - it wasn't luxurious - and made us feel almost like travellers again.

Our balcony sitting area / kitchenette where we spent a lot of time hanging out




This is Ugly - our resident cat. I'm sure he has another name, but we renamed him anyway - I don't think I've ever seen such a badly proportioned cat. Ever. - I think his mother was friendly with a hyena. Anyway - he was a noisy vocal cat that came every mealtime and rummaged in the bin and nicked an unattended cheese sandwich from the table. Marijani was home to some 11 cats, 5 parrots and 2 dogs (none fed enough or given enough attention to my mind). Watamu is home to many hundreds of cats - all undernourished and mangy lookingthis is Scary our resident spider in the tree outside. HUGE. and scary

3 comments:

The Toes said...

Ohhhhh - travellers - with a fridge freezer - balcony - comfy sofa and a fan!!!!
Looks and sounds great, think I would want a room without a view of the spider - eeeeekkk

Cat looks Scary - good rename:))

The Toes said...

ps

Mattress looks THIN!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Maria!

Place looks very luxurious to me!