Friday 15 February 2008

Lon Pitt



I am a star.

A few weeks ago my colleague got a call if he new any blond Europeans. Someone is making a film and they need a Swedish UN soldier. Of course his first reaction was: "Lon is the best", I mean, that should be his first reaction. He did ask why they didn't try the Swedish embassy first, apparently a strange suggestion. Anyway, one thing let to another, I did two auditions and tried on the uniform. The uniform trousers are far to small, but you don't notice that because of the jacket and the big boots. During the audition the director told me, my accent was too British, so I blame Hazel.

Tomorrow I will be on the set for the shooting. My fee is nominal, but I expect a big return in the sales of merchandise; who doesn't want a Lon action doll?

this Lons costume fitting

If you ask nicely, Haze might put a photo on the blog. You can order photo's via our blog, signed ones are extra.

O yeah, the film is called "Les zones turquoises" and I will be playing the role of the gate keeper. A small role, but of course essential for the film. It is about a reporting during the genocide. He seeks protection from the UN. In the mean time the UN watch powerless while horrible things go on just outside their gates. I expect it might be a bit like "shooting dogs" or "hotel Rwanda". Anyone who hasn't seen either of this films, should at least watch one.


Lon as a soldier - sorry is blurred





















film set

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew one of us would be a famous film star. I just hoped it would be me ;)

Anonymous said...

We just saw Shooting Dogs and bought the dvd.
Anyone who is interested can come over and watch the film with us.
Lon, we need a copy of "your" film of course...
When will it be finished 2010????
-It is Africa, isn't it?-

Take care and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ziet er wel erg militairistisch uit voor een oude dienstweigeraar!

We zijn benieuwd naar het eindresultaat.