Thursday 14 February 2008

Footware

..I don't know if its true, but I've heard that there is a local ordinance which makes it illegal to be barefoot, and flip flops are frowned upon. In any case most people have shoes on - certainly in Kigali

most kids and lots of adults wear a locally produced plastic shoe which comes in a variety of bright colours - these are pretty cheap to buy at around a dollar

men on the other hand - especially the smarter kind of men favour a chisel toed style which often seems to be a size or two too big


women tend to wear either a comfy open shoe, or ridiculous heels which must be hell to walk up and down hills in. Will keep trying to photo the evidence.

No wonder I get funny looks wandering round in my crocs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May be you should try the high heels????
I would like to see a picture (or film) a that!!!

Wouter en Mian said...

The last a should be the word: of

Sometimes I am too fast....
;-)