Saturday 28 April 2012

Queensday 2012

Thursday (April 26) we celebrated queensday. As at any Dutch embassy, this is a big event. So I had to be there in my suit, 37c (18.00h) and high humidity. So I had to compensate for sweating through my collar, my tie and even my suit. I managed by drinking a combination of water, beer and some oranjebitter.
Of course we have brilliant photografic evidence thanks to the inhouse photographer LZ (someone has to say it).
It was a nice combination of people in official capacity (suit) people in local dress, people in orange.... and Dutch.
There was dancing and people got a nice 'I love Holland' mug on departing. A shame I had to work the next day.


Some visitors dressed in orange, nice touch

National anthem of Burkina and The Netherlands with choir

Cheers, Burkinabé muslims are allowed a glass sometimes

Marie, the ambassadors househelp
Herring stand
Antoine, the embassy's cleaner in Dutch outfit
Officers of the law queuing for a gift.

1 comment:

The Toes said...

Great to see traditions continuing!
Not sure if I fancy raw herring in that heat...
Where is pic of you in the 'sweat' suit?
Xx