Saturday 13 November 2010

madame n'est pas contente


yesterday the builders who have been renovating our bathroom announced that it was finished...so I went in to inspect and...it wasn't

the main reason I wanted the bathroom refurbed was that the grout was some grotty shades of grey and orange and was partly missing - it made me expect cockroaches. Our new bathroom had grout that was grey and orange and partly missing.... despite my having mentioned this several times, the proposed solution was to gloss paint the grout. My solution is to use the import white grout...this is a case where cost cutting is expensive, as they need to do it again PROPERLY

new grout....

in the meantime we are camped in the spare bedroom with furniture from the master bedroom, and since the spare room is pretty poky anyway its no fun four weeks on...note the very swanky four poster bed...or not


(and yes I do know we live in Africa and I am grateful that we live in a house with running water and electricity etc - I'm just having a mini vent)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Honey,

You're allowed to vent. Sterkte met het aansturen van de mannen tot de boel is opgelost naar jouw verwachtingen (die me meer dan redelijk lijken). Ik duim voor je dat het snel klaar zal zijn. knuffel,
Nienke

Lon said...

Wow, what a nice bed!
Wonder who came up with this sollution of four sticks screwed on the Ikea bed.

Yes, I know they are not straight, I must agree it was an experiment. But still, it works.

The Toes said...

OMG even the pics show how bad it is, deffo allowed to vent

Suggest you go and beat the pillow!!!

Alternately get a stick and beat them!!
xx