Friday 15 October 2010

Camping Ouaga

Found it on this weeks bikeride: The camping we stayed at 15 years ago, almost to the day.

Nothing changed, yet a lot changed.

The only way I could tell it was the camping was a sign at the entrance, for the rest it looked just like any other 'marquis'. A marquis is a pub in Burkina, basically a (outdoor) place with some tables and chairs and a fridge with a small selection of drinks. The owner (I presume) didn't let me take a picture. I could not see inside very well, so I don't know if the pool is there, or the sign 'no pissing in corners'.

Nothing changed: The sign has probably not been painted since, nor has the road been done. Therefor I assume that the camping is not longer functioning as camping.

A lot changed: The major Ouaga international truck stop is right next to the camping, I don't remember this, I think I would have noticed. It is a huge truckstop including checkpoints and whatever more belongs to it (I never get the logistics of these places). Right next to the truckstop is a 'market' with wood and metal workers and the camping is right at the back of this all; not what you would call a top spot.

For those who like to play with Google earth.


Big bit in the middle truckstop. To the left market and busstop. Top, right of the centre entrance to camping. Coordinates: 12°20'16.77"N 1°30'37.79"W.

1 comment:

The Toes said...

Must seem very weird living there now..