Friday 8 October 2010

Bike ride

I went for a cycle tour while Hazel was at her tea, sorry, ART club. I decided to go of road and try to avoid the main roads, after all it is a 'nearly all terrain bike' . So a tour round the airport. A few things struck me.

- What are they using goat tails and (I assume goat) leather pieces for? Looks a bit bush doctor to me.
- Shortcuts are longer as you have to dodge all the potholes.
- Don't be afraid of mud.
- People are friendly; no 'Mzungu' but 'bon jour' and 'mon ami', all with a friendly smile. Makes me smile.
- The bike is faster then I thought (if the GPS is correct) an average speed of 20 k/h is not bad considering the route. A stretch of 30+ k/h.
- I am well out of shape, but I blame the 32 degrees C and 60 humidity.


My new bike

Conclusion: Great fun, as long as you can jump in the pool after.

3 comments:

Mian said...

I can only see the first picture.
A Trek. Seems to me that you can us a dirtcatcher (zwevend achterspatbord dat aan de zadelpen wordt bevestigd).
I would like to see you (covered in dirt, no doubt) after this ride.

Mian said...

Oeps I wrote us, that should be USE

Lon said...

There is only one picture.
I don't dare to take photos of people that stare at you.
But I get the hint, hopefully more pictures soon.