Thursday 20 March 2008

Work

Two days ago I finally got a mail confirming some changes in the work situation.

The office in Burundi will grow and get more independent. Therefore it has been decided that they need a financial officer there. This would be bad news, as I like it in Kigali and Bujumbura is more isolated and risky.

Luckily the embassy has a junior who loves to make the step to a senior position and doesn't mind living there. So everybody happy.

This means that in stead of dealing with Burundi I will deal with Rwanda as of July. My colleague who deals with Rwanda now will leave for Indonesia. The only drawback is that the junior will be gone and not be replaced. We already had some internal discussions on how to solve this. Some of my future tasks will be done by local employees and some other tasks will also be reassigned to others. All in all it is an interesting change and a good challenge for my.

1 comment:

Raviraj said...

very nice blog I can say it is amazing
www.amazingcorner.blogspot.com