Friday 11 January 2008

Finally complete


YEAH !!! WE GOT THE CAR !!

After a few times 'next week' this week it became a few times 'tomorrow'. Yesterday it became today. Today it became 10.00 then it became 10.30, I will call you back in a moment, and again and again. Finally I called at 13.00 and they said, you can come now. The timing of my colleague was brilliant, as I walk out he said 'this has to be fixed today'. So after a 15 minutes delay I stopped a taxi, forget to negotiate the price upfront, so I got charged twice the price but couldn't be bothered to haggle. There it was, in it's natural environment: The street. To me it was a bright sight, but to others it was a very dusty one. So while one man was fixing the license plate, the man showed me the spare wheel, the key, the 1 paper that took weeks to create. So I happily paid the license plate man his fixing fee (even though we have a square plate on a rectangle spot). Stupid me told the man the car was dirty, so I had to take it to the car wash, even though our guard always cleans the car. So we went there I had a drink until the man was gone then told they washers that I had to go even though it wasn't finished paid the full price and drove of. FREEDOM. We went to Hazels favourite road and took it further than we have ever been, Hazels first drive since July. Only negative is that Hazel has to get up at the same time as me to drop me at the embassy. We will see how it works out, but I might be buying a small moped for commuting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouw!
Chique!
And a CD numberplate!

Congratulations.

The Toes said...

fabulous, glad to see it has arrived in time for our visit he he