Thursday 24 March 2011

Bookworms?



I promised Lon I would reduce my book collection before our next move, but this is not quite how I'd planned on weeding them!



This is a 4 parter I've been saving! Luckily out of the 9 or so badly damaged books, only one had got so badly eaten to be rendered un-readable by virtue of missing the last 2-3 lines per page! (and I've already read it) (and it wasn't THAT great)

The bad news is - that no these aren't bookworms, they are termites (one of the hot season specials, the mossies go down, but the termites arrive) - we will have to use chemical warfare - since most of our belongings are either wooden, books or IKEA chipboard. So far they are just in one of the very replaceable Billy bookcases....

2 comments:

The Toes said...

OH NO!!!
When I think of Bookworm its the game.....

Get the chemicals out quick!!

Have looked them up - woodworm is bad but termites ..........

Guess you have started treating them - good luck xx

Miranda Kate said...

Frightening....hope you don't come home to any hills!