Thursday 22 January 2009

Bumper cars


After driving in Kigali for almost exactly a year the inevitable happened and yesterday I had my first accident

A car in the right hand lane swerved to avoid having to slow down for a bus, and forgot to look to see if the road was clear (it wasn’t)

He then drove off, I thought it was a gentler tap than it was (just the wing mirror getting clipped) – but saw the damage was a bit more extensive when I got home

Time for a respray job – luckily this isn’t too expensive, and Suzuki silky silver is readily available

2 comments:

gemblina said...

Blimey Haze, that is scary :(
Hope you are okay and not too shaken??

Love you muchly,
Sis x

The Toes said...

OH NO!!! Thank goodness you were ok! I am not too suprised remembering the driving of the locals!!!! Thought you were amazing driving - I couldnt!!!xx